Friday, July 10, 2009

Intention

Every action taken are based on intentions. Another post inspired by Samthoris the Great! A conversation happens at KFC Meru last Tuesday between Sam, BoonKiat, & me. Sam says every intention were never 100% used for a good deed or a bad one. It would either much percentage of the intention were meant to be good or bad but it wouldn’t be in full force, there must be a part of it meant the other side.

For an example, people organizing charity events. Do they really do it just for charity? Maybe yes, 80% of it. The other 20% might because they want to create fame for their organization or polish their name in the community. Those who donate, they probably beliefs by contributing more for charity the Almighty one might create a better life for them in the future or in the their next life. Some case of charity they might just collecting some fund for their own organization, only part of the donation collected will be use for the community.

Another example, a guy treat a girl very nice. Buy her stuff, pay her meal, drive her everywhere, whatever. The intention of that guy I can think of is he’s trying to “devour” her. Sounds bad, but who knows? He might simply doing all that because he’s rich and got nothing better to do?

As for myself, why would I ask Sam out for lunch most of the time? Is it that simple see whether have he taken his lunch yet? Undeniable, I need lunch and I got no transport to get myself something to eat. So I need him to be my driver. Not only in this case, sometimes when we have a night outing, I’d would definitely ask Sam whether like to tag along or not. To have fun together, yes! Major of my intention said so, but there’s still part of me hoping Sam would tag along so there’ll be no transport problem. Well, sorry for all the trouble but still humans are selfish. It’s not easy to do a 100% good deed.

How to measure the percentage between good and bad in the intentions? Sam says each of us have ruler of our own within us to measure it. In different situation, different judgement will be made by different peoples. Like my family suggest I go to work for another while first, the positive intention of them might be hoping I can get more working experience faster rather than keep bounding myself behind hoping to get studies again. But the way I measure is this way, house need more financial support, if I continue working might be able to help a little by settle the electric & water bills. But then again, humans are selfish, my intention were more to negative say why should I spend for them? My money, I should spend myself by pushing myself to study. But then think again, things like this can be adjust I suppose, let go and don’t be so stubborn. Measure the situation again, things aren’t as bad as it seems after all.

Yeah, things aren’t meant as what we seen sometimes. It’s more than meets the eyes!(still having Transformers fever) It just depends on how we measure the situation actually, so when people around you did something to you whether you like it or not, try to measure their intention in the way which wouldn’t make the situation more tense. =)

2 chicken(s) caught:

Anonymous said...

relax...
just don't so calculative in everything...
figures are always there...
but there're always some factors to be considered too...
figures are just too concrete...
but there're always some abstract consequences...

Benjamin said...

Yeah, cannot kira too much.
but it hard to avoid others to kira with us also sometimes. As I said different ppl have a different ruler within them... =)
some fact are hard to avoid also.
but then, relax la, try not to make it dat tense is the right thing to do... =D