Thursday, July 16, 2009

Another Day Off

I took another day off today with the main objective to attend an interview session with a company which my bro introduced. He gave me the number last week and I made the appointment myself. My family probably would be happy that I’m not being stubborn.

The morning starts with stopped rain from earlier midnight, fetching my mom to work and I obtained the usage of my mom’s car for a day. Went to have a slight check up for the car at my uncle’s workshop. Then I lost my direction on what to do next as the interview session is 2pm something and it’s just 10am something only. Called up a few of my buddies but they all wasn’t free that time. So myself went for an errand run around BBK area(opposite JJ BukitRaja) trying to locate the place where I’ll be having my interview later. Round and round but the place I’m looking for cannot be found. Try my luck at the other side of BBK(near by KwangHua area), FOUND IT!! There’s still lots of times left before interview but my feet has tired for stomping too much on the clutch & accelerator, encountered traffic jams, so I went to have a rest at KP food court.

Just sitting there, rest my feet, doing nothing, looking at the snooker centre opposite from the food court, saw some KwangHua brats skip schooling and playing pool inside, reminds me of those heavenly days myself skipping school. As the time shows around 12pm, I called Jason out for lunch at CheongHor and Sam tagged along. Talked about Bak Chui Mee(Minced Pork Noodle). There’s still time after Jason’s lunch hour and dismissed from us, Sam & I went to meet up with JuinGiap & BoonKiat at HICT. But before that, Sam & I went for a few round of pool game. After joining BoonKiat & JuinGiap not for long, it’s time for the appointed interview session, so I dismiss myself from them.

Back to the place where I’ve explored earlier, time for interview. My bro suggest me to try this place is because a friend of us was an employee there. I saw him and he brings me to the person in charge for the interview. A few chit chat her and she asked another much experienced subordinate of her to check out how much skill I’m acquired from what they need. He gave me a task – to edit a photo using Photoshop. So how much I actually know about the software Photoshop? Frankly, I just spent around an hour at Jeffre’s house to learn some basic stuff only. Not even familiar with all the toolbars at the side. As the task given to me to edit 1 of the D&G photo, I was stunned there. He just ask me to fix it, and I seriously got no idea where to start from. I felt like a zero there. Then he asked, what you know about Photoshop then? I said clipping path(which I just learned from Jeffre previously)!! He asked me to show him, then I just do it, step by step, tracing it, and it’d probably takes 5 minutes to finish what he wants. As I just started not for long, he said “Allow me to show you”. A few bang on the keyboard and a few click on the mouse within 10 seconds, he finished the job. His skill was way more advanced, and I felt so tiny in all of a sudden. Then the person in charged for interview ask me back into her office to make some conclusions. Yea, no good news as expected as it shows I’m in a deep disadvantage that time. She ask me to consider again whether am I really suitable for this job before I leave. I guess NO, but still thanks for showing I’m such a zero and got lots more to learn. I’ll brush myself up more again. =)

I went rejoin with BoonKiat & JuinGiap after that at Laksa YeeMee stall. Then we went for Project-D, Sam joined us again. Won 3 rounds, happy~!! By around 6pm, I went to fetch my mom off work and there goes my another day off. I really think I should brush myself up more by acquire more skills and abilities. Perhaps it’s still not too late for me to know that this world is very big and lots of stuff need to be learn. I shall start learn how to use Photoshop myself…

0 chicken(s) caught: