Monday, August 11, 2008

Should I?

This afternoon, while I was "snake-ing" in the office and got myself online in MSN, an old friend of mine which I did not chat with him for quite a while started a conversation with me. He invites me to join his birthday celebration which he plans to make it in Jogoya in this December. As I not so well-known with this place called Jogoya, he sent me related weblog that introduce about Jogoya as a refrence.
Well this friend of mine I know him since standard 6. Became a HighSchoolian together then. Get screwed together always in form 3 by Mr.Guna. And being so professional in school skipping during form 4 together. He has been such a good friend to me in my schooling days. But after the end of SPM, we went into different path of our own. I pursue my study by taking STPM while he started to work as an agent of The Great Eastern Insurance. Therefore, I can't really share everything with my pal anymore about my form 6 life as he wouldn't understand much about the pressure I undertake. Meanwhile in order to be a successful person in his career, he'd never let go any chances to make a deal with anyone included me. Everytime he asked me out for a night tea, he would surely bring the topic up slowly to convince me about buying insurance. It is quite irritating sometimes and it's not that buying insurance means being cheated or what, it's just my financial status wasn't really capable enough to allow me to do so. Since that happened, the stingy me started to feel like I better keep a distance between us. I hate myself for doing this or maybe I just think too much.
Until today, he invites me to his birthday celebration. Saying that he'll ask along the rest of the buddies who used to skipping school together with us. Should I attend it with an open mind treating this as a reunion for Kaki Ponteng? Or Should I get myself an excuse for not going as it would cost me atleast 100 bucks for a buffet dinner there?
Gah~ Is this what friendship would turn out to be as we step into this working community? Being so unfaithful... Or probably, I'm thinking too much again? Any advise?

2 chicken(s) caught:

Anonymous said...

i think go lo...
friend ma...

Benjamin said...

thx for da advise...
u're right, fren right...
my bad, thinking too much... =P