Monday, August 4, 2008

Confession of An Isolated Member of VAD43

During my time as a Red Cresent Society member from HighSchoolKlang, I was so impressed with all the mega events organized by the Volunteery Aid Detatchment 43 with the assistance of Majlis Exco Belia. The most unforgettable event would be the Kem Tutti Fratelli 2005. As the committees of Red Cresent High School Klang, we do enjoy our RC youth life to the max...

We get screwed for not controling the words we speak, be so happy for not getting the last place of competation between the school during the camp, and got something haunted Sam for such a long time until now. I got no photo to tell the situation that time so I've made this...

I seriously miss those days but I guess the time wouldn't turn back eh. After my secondary school life I still can't let go those joy and excitement I used to during my RC youth life. Hence, I've decided to join this volunteery team in order to preserve the joy from those days. I did try to drag my good old committees to join along but they already started their college life and Sam is the only one who can fool along with me in the beginning. Later then, Sam lost his commitment for unable to foreseek what he wants and being an inactive member due his troubles to get a transport from 17miles of Kapar to Klang for every meeting. Left myself alone seeking for a new gang there. Luckily I still manage to find some ex-KU students to tag along for every meeting. And soon, we have been chosen to be part of the organization of the Kem Tutti Fratelli 2006 as 1 of the facilitators. I've learned quite alot of things and have great experience with them. And I do proud to be part of them. I even get to see myself in the newspaper for the 1st time for joining the organization.

But as time goes by, I received complains from my mom saying that "Volunteering job makes no money" and all the over-concern theat something bad might happen to me everytime I'm out for their activities or duties by my grandma. End up I always cut down my VAD43 activities with the excuse "I'm preparing for my STPM". And the last event which I've joined them would be the RC Nite 2006.
The dark-side of me somehow says that they always welcome new members for they in need of man power and some sponsorship kind of support. And somehow realised that I'm not the only one being 3G there. Sometimes I feel like I'm all alone there for most of them came with their own gang. During year 2007, I somehow got myself really busy for all the Ko-ko activities in my form 6 life and the preparation for my STPM. My ex-KU gang has deactivated themselves also and sometimes I don't really feel like being in the crowd. As I listen to the advice by one of my senior who used to be one of the committee of Majlis Exco Belia 2003. So I was like totally deactivated myself in this team.
Until year 2008, I attended the first VAD43 meeting of the year which happens to be my last one. They have come up with 5 new slogans.
  1. Commitment
  2. Punctuallity
  3. Respect your leader
  4. Respect each other
  5. We are family

This is what I got to say regarding to the slogans above. I'm doubt enough with the commitment that I can give for I just get a new job, So I've decided to isolate myself in silent and being active no more. Punctuallity are nothing without commitment. I still respect you all although you guys probably would hate me for not committing anymore and it's sure great to be part of the family. And the Head Quarter of Red Cresent Society of Chapter Klang has burned down as what I've told in previous post in April. There goes, is it the end for my volunteering days? I used to say yes but since I've failed in applying for IPTA and suffering in this total boredom, somehow I'm hoping that I can return to the team one day.

So what has inspired me in making this post? It would be last Saturday night that end up no activity but sitting in front of the computer doing something which is time wasting enough... Friendster surfing. I happens to trace back some of my friends which I know through my volunteering days. Some been working already, some has entered college, and some has even get married. Anyhow, hope you guys will have great days ahead.

0 chicken(s) caught: