Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Leave Me Alone

The thing I dislike the most in my daily life routine nowadays would be lecture by my dad every time we talk and the topic would be same every time. “Go get a proper and stable job and start working your ass out.” I know everything you tell me is for my future sake, I just listen and nodding my head. But do you really need to repeat the same thing over and over again every time you saw me? Is that the only topic you would talk over with me? Sometimes it really makes me feel like avoid talking to you.
I remember a Saturday with all my aunties, uncle and my dad gathered at my grandma’s house. I went there to get my lunch too and end up being lecture by the same thing again by everyone there.
“No study already go get a proper job la.”
“Go read newspaper, job’s everywhere for you”
“Got car already then make a good use to it, find a sales job”
“Look at all your cousins and brother, all come out work and able to buy themselves a car already”
”Find an airline job, like your bro and your cousins did”
With everyone armed with “machineguns”, all I can do is just nodding my head and smile. I have no idea myself how much longer I can stand this. I’m not saying a word because I found it’s useless as you all would counter back with whatever reason you have there, elders always win. Frankly, I hate it. Why must I get lectured all the time like this? Being looked down, is this because I didn’t secure a place in university? Everyone there never have faith to me, still treating me like an idiot who knows nothing. Can’t I just do it the way I want? When will you all stop lecturing me? Until I do what you all say? Give me a break!
The only time I felt alive would probably during the time I spent with my friends outside and working hour. This might be something only myself can understand. With friends, have fun and no worries. Working, hectic and busy but all I have to do is work, don’t have to worry about anything else. Every time I encounter case like this, I don’t really know who to share with, the best place to be would still be my blog, can type whatever I want…

0 chicken(s) caught: