Saturday, August 8, 2009

First Day At Kumon

The day starts by fetching my mom to work, taken my lunch there and came back to Klang by bus from Andalas. It’s been a long while since the last time I take a bus ride at the former Klang bus station. Never know that there’s no longer have any bus to bring us to Eng Ann area anymore. I’m in deep shit, but luckily I still get to contact Sam and asked him to bring me to Eng Ann. While walking to the rendezvous place, there’s a guy stopped his car beside me and asked me something in don’t know what language. I can’t hear him well, I replied him in BM. He asked again, can’t hear well again, I replied in English. He asked again, it’s getting on my nerves, so I replied him in Hokkien since he’s obviously a Chinese. He replied, “Lu Si Dheng Lang Lai Eh Si O?”, I don’t look like a Chinese? Well, he was looking for some ‘kuli’ to clean his house with a labour charge of 800 ringgit. He ask me do I have any kuli, haha funny, I told him I still a student then bye bye. Met Sam after that and we went for lunch at Medan Selera Eng Ann and I’m taking my round 2 of lunch. After the lunch, we both waited in the car scouting is there anyone I know going up to Kumon as I’m somehow afraid to go up myself for the first time.

Finally, I saw a Black Myvi approaching, is HuiLing!! Then I follow her to go up. I have myself seated there waiting to be sign up to be couch on what to do. Later, Ms.Lee the boss signed me up and asked MeiLi to couch me about the job. Still can catch up from the beginning, marking the worksheets was fine for me but somehow slow. Quite tiring sitting there for hours staring at worksheets filled with nothing but numbers and figures. Maybe I’m haven’t get used to it yet and somehow my bones were aching all the while. Once the the marking work starts, it wouldn’t stop that easily as more and more student will pass up their homework.

Until the break time, went mamak-ing with HuiLing. Finally get some rest before start working again. By night time, more students was around, means more work for us. I was told to mark certain level of worksheet only, but I saw there’s a stack of it which is above the level I should mark but nobody touching it. So I just give it a try thinking it should be using the same method with the previous works and it’s almost time to off work. But when I hand it over for check up, lots of mistake occurs! Keep correcting the marking and still couldn’t really get it right, maybe can’t concentrate anymore as battery running low already. The first day ends with a night tea session with JuinGiap and Wilson who came all the way waiting me to off work at downstairs.

Today was day 2 I work at Kumon. Have enough rest as I can sleep longer than usual. My dad fetch me to work in the coincidence that he’s going out too. Mr.Ng joined the work today in the English department, found out that a staff there was a primary school classmate of mine previously, LOL. The works continue, marking, packing, solving. Mamak with Mr.Ng during break time and JuinGiap joined the work later after that. But today, I found myself been doing more mistakes, did not remember the procedure correctly and packed the worksheets wrongly. Jamie the counter girl shows me a big stack of wrongly packed worksheets of the day before we left today, I seriously thinks that it’s my fault. Uh!! I Shall do better and in a correct way in the coming days! I should be solving problems for them, not causing more for them! Oh well, day 2 ends with another night tea session with JuinGiap, Mr.Ng, Jamie, and another Mr.Ng as the special guest – TuckLong! We went NJ located at Bukit Tinggi and keep shouting in the Saga 9628, Fun!! TuckLong fetched me home after that.

kumon_logo-full
Anyhow, new beginning, new challenge copied this phase from somewhere! XD!! I’ll do my best in the coming days in Kumon. Roar~!!!

p/s: I’m quite impressed on those kids who can do well in the higher level of worksheets given. Myself don’t really think I can do it also if the work were given to me now. Think again, what have I been doing when I was in their age? Did I practice this hard that time? Shame…

2 chicken(s) caught:

Eddy said...

long time didn't drop by...
too busy...
all the best!

Benjamin said...

thx dude, always welcome ur drop by... =) all the best to u too...